[June 2019] List of FOMO and Social Proof PopUps
Last Updated: June 17th 2019
Looking to Improve conversion rates on your website? FOMO and Social Proof notices or popups (also known as nudges) can be very effective.
In this post, I am listing different solutions that display Social Proof notices on your website of visitor interactions. This post started with usefomo.com and useproof.com that are very popular, but there are many alternatives.
You can have a look at the different plans and integration available in each platform.
Wants to see some examples of how it works on a website? Watch the Video:
List of FOMO or Social Proof solutions
1. SAAS Based
Last Updated: May 28th 2019
0-1,000 Unique Visitors / months
1,000 to 10,000 Unique Visitors / months
Google Tag Manager
Advantages of using SAAS based products
- Usually Easy to Setup.
- Shows Pictures of visitors.
- Easy Integration with other services.
Disvadvantages of using SAAS based products.
- Some can be pricey with the number of users, Provely has unlimited traffic and notifications.
- Not open-source.
- Limited customization and categorization.
2. WordPress Plugin Based (Dynamic Content)
Good for WordPress-based websites Only. Woocommerce or other WordPress based E-commerce
Last Updated: March 18th 2018
3. Shopify App
For Shopify users, there is a Shopify App called Nudgify from Convertize.
Free Plan available with Branding
4. Other mentions (designed for Static Content in WordPress)
Very Versatile opt-in tool for WordPress.
What can you display on your widget?
When someone does something like:
- Signed up to your opt-ins
- Purchased a product
- Upgraded a Product
- writes comments on your website
- Reach out too you.
- Your latest ratings
- Your client's achievement
You can be creative, it really should fit your audience and your business model.
Want to have more control?
Thrive Leads solution Details
Thrive Leads on WordPress allows to static notices on your site.
Using Thrive Leads, a WordPress plugin that allows to capture leads on your website and a few other plugins and tools, it's possible to display recent visitor activities on your site.
PROS of Using Thrive Leads
- Allow for manual inserting of messages.
- Fully customizable. You can design the widget layout and content using their editor. Can create CSS in the editor on top.
- Set ad-hoc message instead of visitor actions.
- Show specific message to specific page or post (based on WordPress Post Category or tags, or page name).
- Might Cheaper in the long-run .
- allows to show recent client activity in other places on your site. like on a exit pop-up, widget sidebar or within the text of a blog post.
Using Thrive Leads
- Only for WordPress.
- Manual Setup.
- For Recent activities, requires other plugins and possible manual coding.
- Might need maintenance.
- By default, Thrive Leads will display the widget one time, it will not disappear and re-appear like it does with the hosted service.
- ThriveLeads to create the opt-in
There are a lot of possibilities in building the solution with Thrive Themes. The slide-in widget allows to show the "widget" in one of the 4 corners of the screen.
- The slide-in widget allows to show the "widget" in one of the 4 corners of the screen.
- Full customization with the Thrive Content Builder of Font, colors and layout. Full support of CSS as well.
- Possibility of categorizing the messages depending on the blog post category or tags
- Possibility of showing the visitor message on other opt-ins, like a sidebar widget and exit intent form, or within your content (see example just here below)
Want someone to help you build it?
If you want to hire us, we have a strong expertise with Thrive Leads and we can help you build it for you. Contact Us.